- Assistant Professor of Neurology at CUMC
Tarini Goyal, MD, is a neurohospitalist and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Following medical school at the University of Minnesota, she completed neurology residency and fellowship training as a neurohospitalist at Stanford Medical Center. Dr. Goyal’s clinical expertise includes the care of acutely ill patients with neurologic disease, and those with neurologic complications of systemic disease. Dr. Goyal works closely with residents, medical students, and the interprofessional care team to optimally care for complex patients at NewYork-Presbyterian/Milstein and Allen Hospitals.
- Department of Neurology
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs Plan]
- Capital District Physician Health Plan [Capital District Physician Health Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Honors and Awards
2019 Alpha Omega Alpha Postgraduate Fellowship Award
2019 Fishers and Dunn Teaching Award
Goyal T. Invited Commentary: Together, Apart: Effective communication in inpatient neurology during COVID-19 [online]. Available at: https://blogs.neurology.org/icd/invited-commentary-together-apart-effective-communication-in-inpatient-neurology-during-covid-19.
Goyal T, Hasty BN, Merrell SB, Gold CA. Education Research: Understanding barriers to effective goals of care communication for neurology trainees. Neurology. August 2019; 93(8):362-366.