- Nurse Practitioner
Current Administrative Positions
- Nurse Practitioner, The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig ALS Center
- Neuromuscular Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner
Julia Yasek, MS, FNP-BC, DNP is a Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner in the Division of Neuromuscular Medicine. Prior to pursuing nursing, Dr. Yasek conducted laboratory and clinical research in the Department of Neurology at University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, with a focus on neuromuscular disorders, genetics, and imaging. She subsequently graduated from the UMass Medical School Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program, and practiced for several years in both an inpatient acute care setting and a primary care practice, with a focus on underserved populations. Dr. Yasek also has interests and training in palliative care, healthcare policy, and quality improvement, and brings these many skills to her role, as part of the multidisciplinary care team in the Eleanor and Lou Gehrig ALS Center.
Board Certification: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Department of Neurology
Education and Training
- MS, 2018 Nursing, University of Mass. Medical School
- DNP, 2019 Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Massachussetts Medical School
- Residency: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Alshikho, M. J., N. R. Zurcher, M. L. Loggia, P. Cernasov, D. B. Chonde, D. Izquierdo Garcia, J. E. Yasek, et al. (2016.) "Glial Activation Colocalizes with Structural Abnormalities in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis." Neurology.
- Zurcher, Nicole R., Marco L. Loggia, Robert Lawson, Daniel B. Chonde, David Izquierdo-Garcia, Julia E. Yasek, Oluwaseun Akeju, et al. (2015.) "Increased in Vivo Glial Activation in Patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: Assessed with [11C]-PBR28." NeuroImage: Clinical 7: 409-414.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov