To learn more about Neurology's residency program for the 2020-2021 interview season, please visit this website.
The Department of Neurology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and educator. For more information about our mission to ensure a diverse and inclusive community, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion Program.
In the 2019 NRMP match, the program will offer ten categorical positions for neurology residents.
|Categorical Internal Medicine/Neurology||NRMP: 1495180C0||[4-year program]||10 positions|
Requirements and Eligibility
Residents entering the Medicine Preliminary-Neurology program must meet the criteria listed below.
- Successful completion of at least four credit years and graduation from a medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Successful completion of USMLE Part I is required at time of application. We also recommend that Step II be completed at the time of application but understand that this might not be possible due to COVID-19 related limitations on testing availability. Step III is required during intern year. In recent years, applicants have generally scored above 95% on USMLE Part I and II.
- ECFMG certification is required for foreign medical graduates (for information, visit www.ECFMG.org)
- The J-1 visa is acceptable, but the H-1 visa is not accepted by NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Applications should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). A link to the ERAS system can also be found on the NRMP website.
Each year, ERAS accepts applications beginning September 1. After your completed application is reviewed by a diverse committee, you will be notified via e-mail regarding the need for an interview. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and will be scheduled from November through late January.
Dr. Michelle Bell
Residency Program Director
Emerita Verdejo, LSW, LMSW, IIC
Director of Education, Department of Neurology, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Wellbeing Co-Chair, NYP Columbia & Cornell Campus
GME & Training Program Specialist, Department of Neurology, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
710 West 168th Street
New York, New York 10032