Alyssa Bautista, MD
- Assistant Professor of Neurology at CUMC
Alyssa Bautista, MD is an assistant professor of neurology at CUMC in the Department of Neurology, Division of Critical Care and Hospitalist Neurology, and an assistant attending neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Allen Hospital. As a clinician, Dr. Bautista is focused on the inpatient care of acute neurological disorders and emergencies, with a specialization in the field of stroke and vascular neurology. Her clinical and research interests include treatment strategies in stroke prevention, epidemiology of stroke, cardioembolic stroke, and outcomes in stroke care.
Dr. Bautista earned her medical degree from the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines. She pursued her internship in internal medicine at New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital Center, followed by neurology residency at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital. She further completed a fellowship in Vascular Neurology at the University of California, San Diego. During her training, Dr. Bautista received Most Outstanding Prelim Intern and Lisl Y. Huffaker Award for Compassion in Medicine.
Dr. Bautista is board-certified in neurology. She is a committee member of the Stroke Council of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, as well as a member of the World Stroke Organization and the American Academy of Neurology.
- Department of Neurology
Division of Critical Care and Hospitalist Neurology
Areas of Expertise
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital5141 Broadway
New York, NY 10034
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital55 Palmer Avenue
Bronxville, NY 10708
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Access (Exchange), EPO, Gatekeeper (Exchange), HMO, Medicare Managed Care, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-7236
Honors & Awards
- Most Outstanding Prelim Intern
- Lisl Y. Huffaker Award for Compassion in Medicine