People come to us by many routes, but always in immediate or imminent crisis. The brain, and the cerebrovascular system that supports it, are critical to our function and identity—walking, talking, seeing, hearing, thinking and knowing ourselves and others.
Once here, rest assured that you are in good hands. Each member of our neurological team is subspecialty-trained to manage the complex needs of patients with stroke and cerebrovascular disease. The extraordinary breadth of our capabilities allows us to deliver a quality of care that is truly cutting-edge and world-renowned.
Together with a multidisciplinary team of other neurological specialists, we work to resolve crises and save lives. Our experts include:
- Neurologists, subspecialty-trained in stroke and cerebrovascular disease
- Interventional radiologists
- Neurointensivists, in a dedicated Neurological Intensive Care Unit (one of the first in the country)
- Rehabilitation specialists
Our team will review your case and develop a plan tailored to your specific needs so that each patient receives exactly what is needed to diagnose, treat, and/or prevent stroke and other cerebrovascular disorders, and restore their quality of life.
Our nationally accredited Doppler Neurosonology Laboratory provides a full line of neurovascular diagnostic services onsite, including state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging of the carotid, vertebral, and subclavian arteries, as well as Circle of Willis. More than 5,000 duplex carotid and transcranial Doppler studies are performed in our lab each year.
Procedures available in the Doppler Neurosonology Laboratory include:
- Carotid and vertebral artery Doppler (duplex) ultrasound with color/power Doppler
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Vasomotor reactivity test for cerebral blood flow
- Microemboli detection with IV microbubble injections
- Transcranial color coded duplex sonography (TCCD)
- Intimal-media thickness (IMT) measurements