In the 2019 NRMP match, the program will offer ten categorical positions for neurology residents.
|Categorical Internal Medicine/Neurology||NRMP: 1495180C0||[4-year program]||10 positions|
Requirements and Eligibility
Residents entering the Medicine Preliminary-Neurology program must meet the criteria listed below.
- Successful completion of at least four credit years and graduation from a medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Successful completion of USMLE Parts I, II is required at time of application. Step III is required during intern year. (in recent years, applicants have generally scored above 95% on USMLE Part I and II)
- ECFMG certification is required for foreign medical graduates (for information, visit www.ECFMG.org)
- The J-1 visa is acceptable, but the H-1 visa is not accepted by NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Applications should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). A link to the ERAS system can also be found on the NRMP website.
Each year, ERAS accepts applications beginning September 1. After your completed application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail regarding the need for an interview. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and will be scheduled from November through late January.
Dr. Blair Ford
Residency Program Director
Ms. Emerita Verdejo, BS, LMSW
Administrative Director of Education